Caple, Chris (1999) 'The Cathedral doors.', Durham archaeological journal., 14-15 . pp. 131-140.
The cathedral church of Durham is recognised as one of the most important survivals of Romanesque architecture in North West Europe (Pevsner 1953). This significance was emphasised through its designation in November 1986 as part of a World Heritage Site (English Heritage 1997). It had been traditionally accepted (Geddes 1980, 1982) that the north and south (monk’s) doors of the Cathedral were contemporary with the fitting out of the Cathedral upon its completion in 1133.
|Full text:||(AM) Accepted Manuscript|
Download PDF (724Kb)
|Publisher Web site:||http://www.aasdn.org.uk/journal.htm|
|Date accepted:||27 November 1991|
|Date deposited:||17 February 2016|
|Date of first online publication:||1999|
|Date first made open access:||No date available|
Save or Share this output
|Look up in GoogleScholar|